People we Support
Camber is a specialist inpatient service for men who have a confirmed diagnosis of Autistic Spectrum Conditions (ASC). The service supports up to twelve Service Users in a mix of individual flatlets and en-suite double bedrooms.
Patients who are referred to our service may also have co-morbid mental illness (e.g. mood disorders, ADHD, psychosis etc.), developmental and Capital Personality Disorders. Patients with complex needs may not have responded to treatment in a generic mental health setting and require a specialist rehabilitation service to help reduce the risk to self and others and help them to progress with their life.
Camber can provide specialist psychiatric, psychological and therapeutic assessments and specialist interventions with a full
Multi-Disciplinary Team (MDT) compromising of psychology, occupational therapy, psychiatry, nursing, social work and speech and language therapy. Part of the specialist inpatient service package includes a holistic assessment of the person’s psychiatric, social, familial, occupational and physical health needs. The routines and environment of Camber are structured and predictable and will appeal to individuals with ASC.
Service Users are supported in an environment where they feel safe and is reflective of a therapeutic place that promotes principles of person centred care, best interest and recovery in a least restrictive approach. On Camber, we strive to achieve healthy living, improvement of quality of life, community engagement, increased social integration, supported independence and reduction of risk and behaviours that challenge.
The Services We Offer
- Psychiatric diagnostic assessments
- Autism Spectrum Condition diagnostic assessments (as recommended by the National Autistic Society and NICE Clinical Guidance for Adults with ASC, 2012.)
- Cognitive assessments such as, WASI_IV and BADS
- Occupation Therapy assessments such as MOHO and AMPS
- Positive Behavioural Support service model
- Specialist Psychiatric Nursing support
- Comprehensive assessment reports with recommendations will be provided
- Psychotherapeutic Interventions, for example, modified CBT and Art Therapy
- Speech and Language Therapy input
- Sensory assessments
- Person Centred Holistic Rehabilitation Care Plan
Our Aims & Approach
- To improve access to specialist Autism assessment, diagnostic and therapeutic services.
- To provide specialist diagnostic assessment/s for those with a working diagnosis of ASC using specialist autism assessments tools including ADOS/ADI-R.
- To provide specialist inpatient psychiatric, psychological and therapeutic treatment for those with ASC. This will also include communication and sensory assessments.
- To increase specialist knowledge and provide support and advice to local ASC and referring teams.
- Confirmed Diagnosis Of Autistic Spectrum Condition
- 18 + Years
- Male’s Only
- May Be Detained Under The
- Mental Health Act
- May Present With A Mild Learning Disability
- Co-Morbid Psychiatric Illness
- Subject To Mappa
- Substance Misuse