Shepherds Corner Now Offering Respite Care
Shepherds Corner is a Learning Disability Care Home with a CQC rating of good in all domains. The service is located in Croydon and caters for men and woman presenting with a primary diagnosis of Learning Disability, Autism, associated complex needs and a secondary diagnosis of Mental Health. The service also accepts respite care and welcomes referrals from Social Services and families to support servicer users who may need a short term placement.
Staff are dedicated to supporting our service users by organising activities into rewarding routines which are important to our service users health and wellbeing. All of our service users meet with their key workers on a weekly basis to plan individualised activity schedules, staff will also choose activities with our service users and match their interests to improve their motivation as well as independence.
Shepherds Corner offers the following services/care for our service users:
– Person Centred Active Support (PCAS) promoting self-care and individualised independence.
– Positive Behaviour Support Plans (PBS) is part of the core care plans.
– We encourage to develop daily living skills with our service users.
– Community integration days are organised with individuals in order to promote active community involvement.
– We support our service users who are still willing to study by enrolling them on courses and training programmes of their choice.
– We also support individuals to engage in voluntary and paid jobs within the community.